Festival Networking for Screenwriters
Maximize the Benefits of Attending Festivals and Conferences
What you’ll learn
- What research and preparation to do before attending an event.
- Set up a contact management system to make networking easier.
- Feel more confident about approaching people at events.
- Understand how to keep in touch consistently to build relationships with industry colleagues.
- A desire to be a better networker
- A smart phone is helpful but not required
If you’re a screenwriter, you’ve probably gone to a film festival or a writer’s conference with the hopes of making an important connection. If you’ve ever come home with a stack of business cards that sat accusingly on your desk until you just gave up and stuck them in a drawer or worse, threw them out because you didn’t know what to do with them, then this course is for you.
Everyone knows the film industry is all about who you know. However, if you’re like most writers you would not say that networking is your strength, and you may even feel uncomfortable or fake about it. So many of us are introverts and much prefer to hide at our desks writing than socialize with people, especially if we’re supposed to “network”.
To me networking is as simple as going somewhere to connect with other people in the industry and putting in a little extra work to maintain those connections in a way that feels authentic and is mutually beneficial. I built my entire business on word of mouth referrals and I want to teach you how to do the same for your screenwriting career.
By the end of this course you will:
- Know what and who you should research before you get to the event
- What tools will make networking easier for you
- What things you should have ready to take with you
- Have a working contact management system set up, ready for you to use at your next event
- have a technique for contacting anyone about 1-on-1 time during the conference
- feel more confident reaching out to industry connections
- understand how to keep in touch consistently so you can strengthen your industry network
I’m going to keep things simple and teach you the basics of collecting and managing contact information so you can build relationships over time. I’m not going to teach you gimmicks or how to spam and annoy people. I’m going to give you a simple system to follow so that you can make the most of events you attend and make it easier for you to keep in touch with the people you meet.
If you set up and use this system for your next festival or conference you will set yourself apart from the majority of other attendees, paving the way for you to stand out in a sea of writers. If you would like to become a better networker, get more out of the events you attend, and learn skills that will grow alongside your career…
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who gets nervous about networking at events.
- Screenwriters who attend meetups, conferences, and festivals.
- Writers and other creatives who want to widen their industry networks.
- Certificate in Email Marketing – Udemy
- Algorithms and Data Structures in C++ – Udemy
- Certificate in Search Engine Marketing – Udemy
- PPC Advertising Strategy for all Platforms – Udemy
- CorelDraw Quickstart – Up and running quickly – Udemy
- Create Your Calculator: Learn Java Programming Basics Fast – Udemy
More Coupons Click Me
Top-Rated Udemy Course’s Available For Download Through Google/uTorrent Here Click Me