Security for Hackers and Developers lays the foundation for anyone interested in creating secure software and systems, or anyone interested in hacking computer systems. Upon completion of this path, you will have learned how to discover, analyze, fix, as well as exploit vulnerabilities. Join Dr. DeMott on this cyber security learning journey, and help make your projects and networks safer.
What you will learn
• The fundamentals of software security and a security-oriented development process
• How and when to audit source code
• How to use various fuzzing techniques
• How to reverse compiled software using IDA Pro
• How to detect and exploit bugs in software, including stack overflows, function pointer overwrites, off-by-ones, integer errors, uninitialized variable attacks, heap spraying, and ROP
• How to detect and analyze exploit kits (EKs)
• How to pull apart the malware payloads dropped by the initial exploit or EK
There are no required prerequisites for this path. Programming (specifically with C/C++/.asm) and information/cyber security knowledge and experience is helpful, but not necessary.
Courses Content Table
Beginner – The Security for Hackers and Developers: Overview course will teach you the fundamentals of software security and a security-oriented development process, and in doing so, provide the foundation for you to move to the intermediate courses which focus on code auditing, fuzzing, reverse engineering, and exploit development.
- Security for Hackers and Developers: Overview
Intermediate – There are four technical skills required by security researchers, quality engineers, and developers concerned with software security: source code auditing, fuzzing, reverse engineering, and exploitation. With the understanding these four courses provide, you’ll be ready to move on to the advanced course in this path Advanced Malware Analysis: Combating Exploit Kits.
- Security for Hackers and Developers: Code Auditing
- Security for Hackers and Developers: Fuzzing
- Security for Hackers and Developers: Reverse Engineering
- Security for Hackers and Developers: Exploit Development
Advanced – In the final course in this path, you’ll draw on the knowledge and skills you’ve learned in order to analyze and detect an advanced form of malware, exploit kits.
- Advanced Malware Analysis: Combating Exploit Kits.
Author – Dr. Jared DeMott
Language – English
Size: 1.83 GB